Tuesday, December 15, 2009

London and Mom Go To America!


Although unexpected London got the chance to go to America for the first time! I think no one was more excited than her Grandpa! He had not had the chance to meet his newest grandchild yet. As you can see by the picture he spent quite a bit of time with little miss London! He baby sat her on many occasions giving them the perfect opportunity to bond. His first few hours with her however, were a bit rocky! They were spent in the back of a car while she screamed at the top of her lungs. We went straight from the airport to the doctors office. He decided to keep London so I could concentrate on myself and the ten needle biopsies that awaited me!
Thanks Dad! I have a feeling London will treasure this picture for years to come!!!




If this face leaves you with any doubt I think London had a great time on her first visit to America! It was so nice to have her with me! I missed the other kids like crazy!!!!! As it turns out......they missed me too!!!




So after all of the business was taken care of we got to play. This is my brother with his his son Owen and his other son with Boomer (the Indianapolis Pacer mascot) My brother and his wife invited me to go with them to Jackson's first professional basketball game. We had seats on the 6th row. Jackson got the chance to meet Boomer outside of the Pacer locker room. I had so much fun with them that night ( a little sad my boys weren't there though). Thanks for the invite George and Stephanie! Wish we could play more often!





So not only did I get to visit my family I also got to visit my friends! This is a picture of one of my great friends from Shanghai! Kathleen now lives in Indiana and she came up to Indianapolis to visit me. It was so great to see her! I was suppose to meet her and another one of my friends from Shanghai over the weekend but ended up staying in Indianapolis to help my mom with a party! Sorry I missed you Morgan, my Mom was totally grateful though!




So last but not least my little emergency trip home came three weeks after my best friend Alicia delivered her first baby. This is a picture of Eliana and I am just so glad that I got a chance to meet her! She was so adorable. I can't wait until London and Eliana can actually play together!


I had a wonderful time back in America. I am so glad my Dad got to meet London and I got to see my friends and family but I have to say...........there is no place like home! Upon my return to Shanghai I was greeted by two of my little ones (the other fast asleep at home.) Brooklynn met me with the tightest hug and uncontrollable tears! A moment I hope I never forget! So being cancer free and home with Bryant and the kids in time for Christmas......... I couldn't have hoped or wished for more! Thanks to everyone who prayed for me and was there for my family while I was away. We are surrounded by amazing friends and a wonderful family!

6 comments:

Tracey said...

Sounds like you had a bit of a scare. I'm glad all is well and that you got to visit America. Next time you come and should go to Utah let us know and we will come down and visit you. The kids are getting so big!!

Tami said...

Elizabeth! I was so worried when I first read about the biopsies I had to scan through your whole post to get to the part explaining what was going on. I'm relieved and happy for you, that everything's okay. Those pictures of London and your dad are precious! She just keeps getting more adorable as she grows! So fun to see you with Kathleen. Trent will be there in Shanghai in a few days...hope he gets to see you and your sweet family! :)

Laura said...

wow! So glad to know your okay!! I am so glad things went well...you have to tell us more! The kids are adorable!! I can't believe that you have 4! I'm so impressed!!

Kathleen said...

it was so fun to see you too!! Maybe next time i'll come to your place...

Alison Wilde said...

I love that you are blogging! I love that your Dad got to meet London, but I also LOVE that everything turned out fine for you. What a blessing. I do have to say your husband handled his Mr. Mom duties amazingly. You guys are a fabulous team, and a have made a darling family to say the least! Love you!

Unknown said...

So glad everything turned out for you! What a cute little girl. I love when you post so I can actually know what is going on with you:)