Monday, July 5, 2010

Brooklynn had a Birthday! (and so did 2 others in the fam but u have to start somewhere)!





Brooklynn had a Birthday...! Brooklynn turned 5 in April. We may be blogging late but the fact of the matter is that she still turned 5! She insisted on a Barbie cake so being in China without a wal-mart where I could just go buy a pan....I got creative. It worked out fine and she was happy! She had a great day full of friends and family.


We opened presence in the evening. This is her opening the Birthday shirt our Ayi bought for her. After dinner out with friends we went to see The Sound of Music as a family..... the kids loved it. I have to take a moment to mention that I got a little gift myself that night! Brooklynn chose her own outfit and she looked adorable. Brooklynn has quite the eclectic taste which has taken her mother a little while to learn to deal with! I now simply look at it as entertainment! I never know what is waiting for me around the corner when it comes to Brooklynn and I love her for that!


Brooklynn was a very lucky girl in that she had two Birthdays this year. This was middle of prep for the princess party. Her Chinese friend in the corner of the picture had never seen anything quite like the party we had in motion! I wish you could have seen this little girls eyes when all of the princesses arrived!!!

I hope Brooklynn had a wonderful day! She is such an amazing little girl! She brightens my day and at times has taught me more about patience than I ever thought possible. Her vibrant spirit, desire to know "why" and her ability to "take care of herself" are the things that make me look forward to seeing the type of beautiful young lady she will soon become!



2 comments:

Laura said...

glad to know you guys are alive over there! Send some pics of the whole family...its been too long!

Cheri said...

Looks like a great party! BTW-her cake looks AWESOME!! We loved seeing you guys and we miss you tons already! Love you!!