Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving at The Eggett Home!


There are two things aside from my family and friends that I love..... food and parties.  You can only imagine how my wheels start turning when the holiday season rolls around.  I love finding new fun ways to decorate.  I guess it is my way of showing the people I care about how much I value them.


This is the table right before we sat down to eat.  Minutes later it was in shambles but it was totally worth it.


Mom with "her boys."  Aren't they handsome.  I am a lucky women!




Here are a few closer looks at the table.  I used pears  for the place cards.  I cut out leafs and used gold pen to write everyone's name.


I had to blog about our friends, Andre and Jennifer.  They are not American and this was their first Thanksgiving ever!  It was so great to celebrate such a fun holiday with them. 

Just another picture so I guess I will take a minute to say how grateful we are to have such wonderful friends that serve as our family away from home!  They have really become such a huge part of why we love Shanghai.  To our family reading this......you are irreplaceable this is why in ten days I will be traveling alone with three children half way across the world!!! :)


This is a picture of the gift I assembled  to give to the guests at the end of the evening.  Just something fun and yummy to take home in the event they didn't get full during dinner! :)

So I guess after all that hard work there is only one thing left to do........go eat a turkey sandwich......nothing better!!!

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Your table looks exquisite! You are so talented with your decorating. I can't wait for you to come home and help me decorate my house! :) How blessed your friends must feel to have you in their life. You work so hard to make people feel so special. I know I am sooooo thankful that you are my little sister! I love you so much!!

Suzanne said...

I've never seen pears for place cards... talk about creative. The colors were beautifully blended. I'm sure glad you have this blog, I've heard about these parties of yours, and now I can see! Truly, a great talent, and one used in the service of others. Thanks for sharing.

Tami said...

You are so gifted at putting things together. You totally inspire me! Your table was absolutely gorgeous and I know the food was too. And if that wasn't all, you had darling gift bags too. You truly set the bar high, girlfriend!

Unknown said...

are you guys in the US? Let's get together if you come to Salt Lake!

Sima said...

You are so talented! You need to write a book on decorating and how to host a party. I will for sure buy it. I am a little late getting this comment out...sorry. I hope your holidays were great! I hope to see you someday soon.