Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A "Healthy" dose of Reality!


So two nights ago I received a phone call.  This phone call was that phone call that gave me "my healthy dose" of reality.  It is the dose of reality that makes you freeze.  It makes your head spin, your heart hurt, and your limbs numb all at the same time.  It is the kind that makes you go into your children's rooms and hold them, the dose that makes you never want to let them go.  The kind that makes you wonder if you spent that very day the best you could.  The kind that makes you tell your husband you love him and makes you wonder if you tell him enough.  The kind that makes you want "your mom."  that was the kind of night I had two nights ago.  So how can you have a night like that and it not change you forever.  Well, I don't think you can. 
  So I had to blog about how lucky I am, how lucky my family is! I have three amazing children.  They bring a smile to my face everyday!  They bring me the greatest joy I think I will know on this earth!  They love me unconditionally!  I am far from perfect but they don't seem to mind.  They are active and healthy.  They love to play, are willing to learn and rarely eat their vegetables!   So you see they seem like very normal children but they are not.......not to their Mom!  To me they are my world!  I need them and they need me!  
Bryant and I, we  are a perfect match! We are completely opposite in so many ways but we seem to compliment each other.  He is patient and calm, I am not patient and frantic and any given moment.  He likes to think things through, I am impulsive (although as time goes on these roles are reversing)  He is completely practical, I am not. He is quiet, I am not. I am always right, he is not!  Ha Ha just kidding!  He balances me, he makes me a better person and he would do anything for me.  He is also the greatest Dad in the whole world.  The kind that walks in the door from work swings the kids around and doesn't stop helping until their little heads hit their pillows. The kind that takes the kids on bike rides when they ask the first time.  The kind of Dad the prunes up from being in the pool hours on end. The kind of Dad that leaves the kids wondering "how many more minutes until Daddy comes home." I adore him and have learned from this healthy dose of reality that I don't ever want to be anywhere but by his side!
 This Healthy dose of reality has taught me to cherish every moment.  To appreciate every day and to do and say all the things I would if it were my last but to do and say them everyday! So to my wonderful family... I love you literally more than life it's self!  It is with these thoughts that I again become truly grateful for the knowledge that families are forever!

 

2 comments:

Cheri said...

OK...way to make me cry first thing in the morning! I am so thankful your night turned out the way that it did...it could have been so different!! I want you to know how thankful I am for you and how much I love you!! I love the memories I have of you following me around when we were growing up and you standing on the sidelines while I cheered...you doing the cheers right along with us. Then to see you grow up and be a cheerleader just like me was so fun!! To watch you grow into the beautiful woman that you are. Remember, none of us are perfect, but you are the BEST you that there ever will be on this earth!! I am so thankful to Heavenly Father that you are my little sis. and I hope you know how much I love you!! Thank you for sharing this blog and for giving me a "healthy dose" of reality too! I too am so thankful to know that Families Are Forever!! I LOVE YOU LIL!!!!

Suzanne said...

Okay, I'm going to read it again, I think I missed the part about what happened that spured on the healthy dose of reality. You are quite the writer, I was totally indulged in your post today. Thanks for sharing!